Sunday, August 19, 2012

Just.Be.Enough



I am a mom, I am a woman, I am a daughter, I am a friend, I am an employee, I am a business woman, I am a sister, and I am me.

That pretty much sums it up.

I am a single mom who loves my teenage son. He makes me think and keeps me in check. He challenges my sanity and pushes my patience, but I love him. He is my best friend, but can be my worst enemy some days.

I am a woman who loves to dress up, yet I love sweats and t-shirts. I want to find happiness, but it is not at the top of my list. I have trusted and been hurt. I have loved and lost. I want to be loved for who I am and what I can do, but that will come when the time is right.

I am a daughter. My dad passed away almost 20 years ago and I still miss him every day. I was his only child, the baby of the family, and the only girl. I was definitely daddy's girl. I knew mom would say No, so I always asked dad. My mom has two other children, my brothers, who are considerably older than me. I have also lost one of those brothers, roughly 3 years ago, to a sudden downturn in his health, and he left our lives in ten days. My brothers have families, so I was the only one home with mom and dad. To this day, we live with my mom and I help her. She is getting up in years and not always in the best health. I try to take care of her and look after her. My brother, on the other hand, can't seem to find time to check in, even since he lives less than fifteen minutes away. Anyways... that's another story.

I am a friend. I have a few really good friends who I am really close to, but I also have other friends that I keep in touch with. I don't have friends that I necessarily go out with, but I do have a couple I hang with, just having girls days and relaxing.

I am an employee. I work full-time and give my all during my day. I have made the commitment to work hard and do what I need to do. I enjoy working. I also work part-time, at a local wine bar. I love the people and learning new things. It's the fun in my chores.

I am a business woman. I recently started as a consultant for Tastefully Simple. The people are great and I get to get out. I love the food and the products, and I hope to some day be able to take my son to Disney, just the two of us... a REAL vacation. (what a concept).

I am a sister. As I mentioned earlier, I have two older brothers and have always been the baby of the family. They used to accept me because I was there, but since I have grown up, worked, gotten married, had a child, lived through divorce, been laid off, and all the other hiccup in my life, they seem to finally see me like a person, another individual who is strong and can stand tall. I have a best friend that I have known for over 35 years and we have always been apart. She is like my sister and I love her to death. 

I am me. I am who I am, not what others want me to be. I don't dress in the latest fashions or go out to the fanciest restaurants. I don't go out all the time and I don't sit on the phone with friends. I work hard, I go to school, I raise my son, I take care of my mom, I work hard, I commit to church, I do what I can, and try not to let anyone down. I am me... for me...


 

1 comment:

  1. Love this---we are each so many things. Most importantly we are who we are--nothing else matters!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...