Monday, April 30, 2012

Feel miserable - What happened to privacy?

I have a good friend, whom I have been close to for most of my life.

I sent her an email because I was having a hard time with something, so I needed to talk.

It was a very (un)pleasant surprise to find out there her husband looks at the emails also.

I don't know if they have one account or if he just randomly checks them, but it bothered me. I feel like I can no longer turn to her if I need to talk because I can't email her.

I feel like my privacy has been compromised. Now I can't help but think back and wonder what else I have sent her, and if he read it? I want to say something to her, but I can't.

The reason I found out is because he emailed me back and kinda scolded me. What the hell? I was mad, I was hurt, I was beside myself. I want to say something, I want to say nothing... I am confused... and miserable. What the hell?

 

1 comment:

  1. OUCH! Not cool!!! Even if they have one account, if the email was not addressed to him (Hi Sally, not Hi Sally and Dave), he NEVER should have replied. That's just rude.
    I have to say, your friend should alert her friends about the joint email address. That's not cool either.
    Sorry... :(

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...