Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What do you do that drives your mother crazy?

A found a writing prompt that seems to sum it up... although I don't know if I have enough time or space to write down EVERYTHING that drives my mom crazy... I think between my son and my brothers, we have covered all the bases.

In my case, I have learned (as I have been taught), it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission... which is exactly how I have been living my life since I was old enough to get in trouble for not asking permission and then getting in trouble for going against the answer... so I was old enough NOT to ask... it's easier after the fact than to go headfirst against the "no".

I know that when I came home with a tattoo... I thought she was going to go through the roof. And then I got my ears pierced multiple times... and then I got my belly button pierced.

I can honestly tell you that there are times when bucking the system is the way I roll.

I come home with the occasional animals, that were not cleared by the "proper authorities"... such as two kittens instead of "just looking", hermit crabs, fish, little frogs, etc. I never was gutsy enough to try the hamster thing, but I can tell you that would get me in a world of hurt. The fish started out as 1 Betta, in a small tank, in my room... and has now progressed to 2 Bettas, 2 medium tanks, and 1 10-gal tank... all kitchen, on mom's cupboard... well, it's more of a credenza. We have 2 kittens and an older cat (the kittens were brothers... and the last two left... I couldn't separate them...).

As I was growing up, when mom would say no, dad would say yes... I learned that at an early age... and mom figured it wasn't worth arguing about.

I dyed my hair maroon. I let my son keep his longer. I bought him a hair-straightener. My brothers hid a mouse in their closet... when mom told them they couldn't have one... and then it died... mom found it. Mom said we couldn't have pets... my brother bought my dad 2 parakeets. Mom said we couldn't have a dog... dad bought me a puppy. Mom said we weren't getting another dog after the first one died... I took dad to the pound and he signed the papers. Dad said we weren't bringing the stray home... I climbed in the car with him and stayed there... we took him home.

Oh, let's see... and then there is that I buy almost everything is black (but it goes with everything!). I get bored with my purse, so instead of using one of my 50 others, I need to get a new one. Yes, I do need 6 pairs of the same shoes in different colors. Why should I put my shoes away? I'm going to wear them tomorrow.

I'm sure if I took more time, I could think of even more things... but this is just a start for ideas on how to drive your own mom crazy!

read to be read at yeahwrite.me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...