Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday evening.... quiet house

Okay, I got my son off on the mission trip.

One mom who was there was great... She explained that its okay to feel the separation anxiety. I miss him... And he has only been gone less than 6 hrs since the caravan of 3 cars pulled from the church parking lot.

I watched him and the 14 other kids head south. I got in the car and came home. Yes, I shed tears...

I got home and went to the gym... Which was also odd, since we always went together. I pounded it for an hour and then came home and took a nap. I feel like I'm missing my best friend.

My mom is 80... And doesn't always think about what she says. Tonight it was a comment about it being the same as always because he is always in his room... And then the comment about the refrigerator door staying closed... And then about him possibly losing weight.

I walked away. This talk is not unusual, but it flashed me back to my youth when she did the same to me, but I will protect my child.

Anyway, I have his stuffed animal on my bed so he is in my dreams tonight.

It's going to be a long 5 more days.

Good night my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...