Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Taking Risks in Writing




Tell us, what sorts of risks are you afraid of taking in your writing? How can we help you move past those fears?

I have to admit that I probably take more risks in my writing than I do in my daily life.

My writing is an outlet. A way to express who I am and what I am about.

I am a mom, a sister, a daughter, a college student, an employee, a friend, but the one thing I tend to forget is that I am also a woman. (That is so weird to say... I am more of a tomboy, so I don't ever refer to myself as a woman... or beautiful... or pretty... or sexy...)

When you grow and live like a tomboy, that seems to be your mindset from day to day.
I love to dress up and be lady-like, but I will knock you to the floor if you get in my space!

Anyway... back to the topic at hand.

I do enjoy writing and, when I write, I can be who I want to be and do what I want to do, but... there is a catch... as there always is... I don't let others read my writing. Others do not know that I write... or even what I write. It's like that is a personal side of me, where I am vulnerable.

My biggest fear is letting others read my writing. Will they think I'm strange? Will they look at me different? Will my writing freak them out?

Unless I open that door and let them read that chapter, I guess I will never know for sure...

 

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about writing being a more fearless act, but not everyone gets to read it. I have a personal journal that I give my frustrations to, a way different side of me than my blog or any that I ever show. I hide that writing because I KNOW it'd freak everyone out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ---Allowing others to see your writing is like "undressing in front of the universe."

    Layer by Layer. Word by Word...

    You must do it! You may like it <3

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...