Saturday, November 24, 2012

The holidays ... And the ability to give back ... Give it some thought

Well, we made it through Thanksgiving... And it wasn't THAT bad.

Friday was long.... Did my trip to the gym... No black Friday shopping... And then worked 2nd job... For 7 hours... Man, my dogs were barking!!!!!! My son and my mom finished the lights outside (started on Thursday).

Got some sleep, didn't have to get up this morning... Woo hoo!

My mom put the window lights up today and my son put up the tree. I am so not into the holidays... Especially today already.

I went grocery shopping and went to CostCo. Got an awesome free cookbook. Awesome! Recipes look totally awesome... And easy. Cool.

I then spent money on the gifts for the families we are hosting at work, for the holidays.

When planning your way through the holidays, please think about those who are not as fortunate as we are. Even a small gesture is well received. For the food pantry, $30 can buy baby food, cereal, peanut butter, veggies, and even canned items for meals.

At church, we have a hat and mitten tree. Don't have to spend a fortune... Just grab one thing on your way through the store.

This Christmas holiday has brought me the ability to provide (or at least help) others. It makes the holidays a little more special and not so commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...