Thursday, October 6, 2011

If someone wants to be a part of your life…

There are two special people in my life, but at this time, they will remain nameless.
Both are terrific and sweet.

One I met by chance, as he was getting ready to head off to fight overseas. We started to write back and forth and we grew very close. We had so much in common. I think about him often, but I know that he is so set in his ways, with having been single all these years, and working in the military, that it’s hard for him to change his ways. I won’t make him, but I miss him every day. I wonder if he thinks about me?

The second has been a part of my life for many years. We started out meeting during our line of business. Over time, we grew close and found that we had a connection, on many levels. There are things in his life that are happening, that don’t let us be who we are, but he knows I care.

I don’t want to let either of them go, but I want to be happy… I don’t want to keep wondering “what if?” or “when?”

5 comments:

  1. Wonderfully said. Let them go and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, let go and open yourself up to what may be coming. Perhaps it'll be on them again, perhaps it'll be someone/thing new.

    Either way, you deserve to be happy.


    Visiting from Mama Kats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree w/both other comments. Acknowledge both but let go. Whether one of them comes back to you or someone new emerges, you have to have the openness to embrace whatever transpires (which I don't think will happen if you're pining for both, stuck in the what ifs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely right, and doing the right thing. Though I know it is hard to sit back and wait for either some sort of re-establishment of connection, or closure. Being in limbo is the worst!

    I wouldn't say "let go" in the sense of being done with them. But more like what Arnebya says. Also, when one or both of them come back to you, they may not be the person you knew before. I definitely wouldn't rule someone new out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to thank everyone for their response. It's nice to hear an outside voice because the ones in my head are just confusing me!!!! I guess I will step back, move on, and let them make the decision.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...