Friday, October 7, 2011

My best friends... I love them both...


I have two best friends – both of which are AWESOME!!!!

The first one I met close to 35 years ago, as families and friends, and kids, blended. We hit it off and we have been the best ever since. We have always lived on opposite ends of the US and we don’t get to see each other more than a week at a time, every few years. We are still best of friends and we are like sisters. We are so much alike that it’s scary, but it also drives everyone nuts, which is why we are two peas in a pod. There was only one argument we ever had… and that was enough to screw everyone else up! We were in our tweens, it was late at night, the fight was over a purse (if you can believe that!), and then it rolled into who got which side of the bed. Oh yeah, that was a memorable one. Not to mention, that same visit, I backed into an electric fence. Guess that was God’s way of telling me to grow up and behave!!!!! Anyway… Here we are… heading into our 40’s and still like sisters.

The second one is more recent. She came into my life when I was down and my family was falling apart. My brother was dying and I felt lost. She offered to be there if I wanted to call… and that was the beginning of this story. That was over 2 years ago and our friendship has grown and gone nuts ever since. We share sushi, wine, stress, lots of turkey, our children, our animals, stress, anger, tears, joy, anxieties, bitch-sessions, rants, etc… You name it, we share it. It’s nice to have someone in my life who understands what we are both “self-proclaimed nerds” and are damn proud of it!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree; it is wonderful to have people like that you can count on! My best friend from high school now lives across the country from me, and I haven't seen her since she moved - though I am in the planning stages of a trip for hopefully next summer!

    What form of martial arts do you do? I may eventually look to add that to my hobbies, as I've always felt the need to know self-defense. And I'm sure it's a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. So true... those friends who are dear are the ones you hold close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful friends!! It is amazing when you find people that fulfill that need.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...