Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Traveling and Planning

Okay, so I am going on a trip... a vacation... first one in... well, let's just say "many" years.

I am one who has to plan - I am far from spontaneous. Drop everything and go? Only if I can make sure I have it planned. Anyway, we have had tickets for months now and the flight is around the corner. I know what I need to pack and know what to bring, but getting it from my list and brain into the suitcase is a whole different story.

(Unfortunately this is a part of my many flaws... I can plan and plan... and then power it out the 25th hour... just like Christmas shopping or planning a party... know it's coming, have all the plans, wait until the last minute to finish everything!)

Okay, anyway, back to the vacation on the horizon. This is my son's first trip and he is so excited that he is driving me crazy. He is packing and unpacking, counting hours and minutes, making lists and checking them twice, along with asking a million questions.

I, on the other hand, am stressing... making sure we have everything, making sure we won't have trouble getting through security, making sure we have enough money, making sure he has everything, hoping he has a good time, making sure everything gets done at work before I walk away from my desk for a few days... I stress over these things.

I just want everything to be perfect. I know I can't control EVERYTHING, but I like I think and hope I can. I just want him to have a good time and remember this for the rest of his life.

My biggest stressor is worrying about everyone else and hoping they have a good time. I don't worry about me... it's the rest of the world I worry about.

I just hope we have a good time... and I don't give myself an ulcer over all this!

1 comment:

  1. Relax and have a blast! Thanks for linking up at
    The MamaZone today. I'm following you on GFC and would love to have you join my upcoming giveaway hop. Let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...