Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Albino Burmese Python



Over 8-feet long, two-tone pale yellow color, and the body the size around of a softball.
She was a heavy snake. Still young, they let me hold her.

My son wanted to feed the alligators and hold the snake, so I went along with him. (If something silly was gonna happen, I had better be there.)

The snake was nothing like I had imagined. She wasn’t slimy at all. As a matter of fact, her scales were cool and smooth.

But man, she was heavy. It is hard to believe something can weigh so much… and she was worried I would drop her. HELLO??!! She is around my shoulders, where does she think she is going to go?

Did you know that if snakes fear being dropped, they will “hold on”. Oh yeah, I found that out too. Apparently I did not fully trust her and she did not fully trust me, so she decided to hold on, just in case. The problem was, I was sitting, she was draped around my shoulders, through my hands, and her tail was wrapped around my leg. Where the hell did she think she was going to go?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty cool! Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I held a snake once too but handed it back over as soon as the picture was snapped!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...