Sunday, November 20, 2011

Holidays... too commercial

I worked in a mall for 4 years part time and then in a boutique for 2 years.

Holidays have become some commercialized! What's up with that?

What happened to holidays with family and being social?

Now it means Christmas sales and all that.

Holidays used to mean family and good food. Now it means shopping,  spending money, going out, and shopping. Everything is commercial. What happened to Christmas Eve church service, family dinner, family Christmas breakfast, opening gifts, and quality time?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. When you start seeing Christmas decorations before Halloween, how can you not be jaded by the time that December 25 arrives. Those old traditions are worth reviving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. I hate that it's become so commercial.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have you leave me your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...